This morning I went out birding for the first time in several months – a short outing to my nearby cemetery in search of the big Channel-billed Cuckoos. I found the big brutes feeding on fruits in the usual big fig tree, today they weren’t attacked by any of the prospective nest surrogates and weren’t chasing each other around very much. A couple of squabbles inside the canopy with the associated guttural screeching and clucking – they are amazing big units to see up this close.
Search for a bird
- How To Take Outstanding Bird Photos
- How to Get Your Garden Bursting With Birdlife
- Ethics for Wildlife Photographers
- Laughing Kookaburra
- Last Light on Lake Cathie Beach
- Sunrise Scarlet Robin
- Jacana water garden
- Mistletoebird posed handsomely on a branch of mistletoe.
- Red-backed Fairy-wren
- Brown Falcon
- Crescent Honeyeater looking for insects on Xanthorrhoea
- Varied Sittella tearing a moth apart
- Keeping each other warm
- Serenity of the black swan